What We Do
We are a Software as a Solution (SaaS) provider of online services for the visual graphics industries and an online publisher of information about sign companies and sign-related products and services. Much of the information we publish is compiled from data we obtain about, or are provided by, third parties. We try to make it easy to use the Site and to deliver relevant information to you and other users. In order to accomplish these goals, we need to collect information from or about users of the Site.
Collection, Use, and Sharing of Information
We have organized descriptions of collection, use, and sharing of information by how and where information is obtained. Subsections A - K apply to all data we collect, regardless of source.
A. Site Visit Data Collected and Used By Us. When you visit our Site or use our Services, we may gather and store information about your visit. That information can include the IP address of the device used to generate your visit, the browser you used to access our Site, the time and date of the visit, the pages you visited, the length of time you spent on each page, the operating system employed by the device you used to access our Site, and where you went after using our Site. We use this information to measure online market activity, to gather analytics to help us improve Site experience, to evaluate the content on the Site about which users are interested, to measure the number of visitors who are exposed to advertising on our Site, and to otherwise enhance the overall position of the Site. Site visit information is also used to try to make your Site visit more productive, relevant, and enjoyable. The following information may help you better understand how information about Site visits is gathered:
· We may gather information with "Cookies" or "Web Beacons" and use the information to track your visit.
· "Cookies" are stored on the hard drive of your computer. They can be used to store information that makes future visits to the Site more convenient. If you so decide, cookies can also be used by you to store information like user name and password or to store other preference indicators and identifiers.
· "Web Beacons" recognize information about your Cookie such as rate of use, time, date and description of the page. They are an invisible electronic, single pixel or clear GIF.
· Cookies cannot be opened or run by us on your computer and they cannot infect your computer with viruses. You can disable Cookies or otherwise manage them through tools provided with your browser software and with commercially available software packages. Please be aware, though, that if you turn Cookies off you will experience less than optimal web engagement. Many features on our Site will not work as well or at all. Also, Cookies are automatically downloaded to users who don't have one so you'd have to re-disable Cookies after every visit.
· We may from time to time permit a third party data analytics service provider to include web beacons or cookies within the pages of our Site. The findings of our data analytics service provider, including logs and IP addresses, may be used as part of the effort to gain a deeper understanding of behavior, effectiveness and use of our Site. Our data analytics service providers do not collect or report names, e-mail addresses, or other PII that could enable direct personal contact with an individual.
· There is no "opt out" possibility regarding information about Site visits we collect through devices like Cookies and Web Beacons. If you have any questions about collection or use of this type of data, please contact us by using the contact information found on the Site or write us at Visual Communications Group, Inc., PO Box 22161, Eagan, MN 55122.
B. Credit Card Information. When you purchase Services from us through use of a credit card, we collect information and use it solely to place your order with us. We utilize secure server software (SSL) to encrypt all account and personal information you input in connection with processing an order. We also segregate customer credit card data to protect it from unauthorized access. As part of the process of enrolling for Services, though, we may collect PII that could be used to communicate with you for other purposes. In that regard, your contact information would be covered by the "PII You Provide to Us on the Site" subsection of this Policy. We do not store Credit Card information post transaction.
C. PII You Provide To Us on the Site. There are Services offered on the Site that involve our obtaining PII from you and storing and using that PII.
· When you register with us in order to use pro.signsearch.com, we collect PII in order to enable us to communicate directly with you to further the purposes of those Services. Additional possible uses of the PII we store are described below.
· We also collect your PII when you purchase products and services from us and when you utilize services on the Site. In those cases, our primary purpose for collecting the information is to enable prompt and accurate processing of your order or fulfillment of your requests. Other potential uses are described below.
· Finally, PII could be collected in connection with your participation in contests or other promotions organized by us and our affiliates or marketing partners. In that case, the information is used in connection with administration of the contest or promotion. It may thereafter also be used in the manner described below.
· In addition to the specific purposes for which your PII is obtained, we, or our marketing partners, may use that information to (a) include you in e-mail, website, direct mail announcements, or telephone contact relating to information perceived to be relevant to you, or (b) to conduct surveys, research, or other analysis about either operation of the Site or products or services offered on the Site. We may use e-mail service providers or other third parties to implement those purposes. You can opt out of those uses in the manner described in the " Privacy Choices" section of this Policy.
D. Social Media Accounts. We may collect information about you through social media accounts we maintain or with which we are affiliated. The primary reason for doing so is to be able to contact you through the same social media channel where the original connection was made. Sign-in services made possible by social media outlets including Facebook, Google Plus or Open ID may enable you to sign on to our website. In doing so your identity will be authenticated and provide you with the option to share certain PII with us including your name and e-mail. That information would be treated under this Policy as PII You Provide to us on the Site. You may also have the option of posting information about us from this sign-on option to your social media pages and share our company information with your personal network.
F. PII Obtained Through Other Means. We may, from time to time, obtain PII or the right to use PII in order to promote the Site or Services we offer. PII obtained in that fashion will be treated by us in the same fashion as PII we obtain as a result of visits to the Site.
H. PII and Marketing Partners. We may, from time to time, engage in marketing partnerships with third parties to create value add programs. As such, PII collected via all means specified above may be collectively analyzed and used for personalized communications and offers via the following channels: email, direct mail, digital re-targeting and text messaging.
J. Subpoenas, Orders, or Protection of Rights or Safety. We may be required by judicial or governmental subpoena, search warrant, or order to provide access to information we have collected. If that were to occur, we will utilize good faith efforts to protect, limit access to, and restrict future use of PII. We also reserve the right to disclose PII of individuals if we reasonably believe that doing so is necessary to protect our rights or to protect the safety of the individual or others.
Data Security and Retention
We develop, implement and periodically review procedures that are intended to protect personally identifiable information and any sensitive financial information stored by us. The Services we offer may continue to be relevant to you or may again be relevant in the future. Consequently, we may maintain information for an extended period of time. Our information retention policies are also affected by contractual and regulatory compliance needs.
If your company is listed on our Site, you must agree to receiving e-mail, website, direct mail announcements, or telephone contact relating to information perceived to be relevant to the services or operation of the Site or products or services offered on the Site.
If you wish to know whether we have collected personally identifiable information about you, you can contact us by using the contact information found on the Site or write us at Visual Communications Group, Inc., PO Box 22161, Eagan, MN 55122. We will use good faith efforts to respond within a reasonable time to your inquiry. Similarly, we will use good faith efforts to respond within a reasonable time to any requests you may make to update or change any PII which has been collected by us about you. If you do not want us to use your personally identifiable information to include you in e-mail, direct mail, website announcements, or telephone contact, you can opt out of that use of your personally identifiable information. That opting out can be accomplished by clicking "unsubscribe" on an e-mail if that choice is provided or by contacting us using the contact information found on the Site or by writing us at Visual Communications Group, Inc., PO Box 22161, Eagan, MN 55122.
If there are legally-required opt in or opt out choices that apply to us and are different from what is in this Policy, we intend to comply with those legal requirements. Please let us know if you believe that information about you needs to be handled differently from what happens under our current practice.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us by using the contact information found on the Site or write us at Visual Communications Group, Inc., PO Box 22161, Eagan, MN 55122.
Disputes Relating to Use of Information
Changes to Policy